Terms and Conditions
Your use of the Harris website (www.theharris.org.uk) is subject to the following terms:
You agree not to use the website for any purpose that is against the law or in any way that might bring the Harris into disrepute.
Our website may contain links to other third party websites that are not owned or controlled by the Harris. If you use these links you will leave the Harris website and visit any linked site at your own risk. The Harris is not responsible for any content, products or services available on any other website.
The Harris Copyright statement
All material published on the Harris website is copyright of The Harris, unless stated otherwise.
Content on the website may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes, including private studies, teaching or research. The Harris considers non-commercial use to be any use that is not intended for or directed towards commercial advantage of monetary compensation.
Where any artworks are published, the source of the content must be identified and the copyright of the content acknowledged, e.g. ‘Title, Artist, Date of Work, Photo: © The Harris, Preston [current year]’.
We have made every effort to trace copyright holders of images used on our website, if you feel that your rights have been infringed in any way please contact us using the following address:
Harris Museum, Library and Art Gallery
Terms and conditions for buying event and exhibition tickets
- Please ensure you select your correct time and date prior to checkout. TICKETS CANNOT BE EXCHANGED OR REFUNDED.
- The Harris reserves the right to amend or make alterations to the published details of the event as shall become necessary.
- The Harris reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion conduct security searches to ensure the safety of visitors.
- Children under 12 years must be accompanied by an adult. Please check whether your ticket includes a chaperone place or whether accompanying adults require a separate ticket.
- The Harris shall not be responsible for loss or damage to personal property brought into the venue.
- If you require further assistance with your booking, please contact email@example.com.
- Tickets are available to purchase from the Harris welcome desk. No booking fee applies to tickets purchased at the Harris.
WIFI in the building
These terms apply to visitors using the Harris’ free Wi-Fi service.
By using the Harris’ Wi-Fi, you agree to be bound by these terms. The use of this Wi-Fi is subject to this acceptable use policy. Please be aware, we use a variety of technical means to enable user authentication which may include cookies. We will also use information from your usage of the Wi-Fi for service monitoring and improvement purposes.
You agree that you will at all times when using the Harris’ Wi-Fi comply with the following terms:
- Act lawfully – do not act in any way that could be unlawful or encourage others to act unlawfully. In particular, do not infringe intellectual property rights, do not reveal confidential or sensitive information and do not engage in any criminal offence or encourage others to do so.
- Act responsibly – you must not undertake actions or visit websites that are unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, politically motivated, racially offensive, sexist, homophobic, biphobic, transphobic or otherwise objectionable.
- Act honestly – do not pretend to be anyone other than yourself. Do not collect email addresses or other personal details or use the Wi-Fi to send spam.
- Act reasonably – do not use Wi-Fi access in any way that may affect the running of the Wi-Fi or network or other technology connected to it (for example, other Wi-Fi users’ devices). In particular, do not upload or download very large files and make sure your devise is protected by up-to-date anti-virus software.
You accept that, on occasion, the Wi-Fi may not be available due to technical, legal or operational reasons. We may control the types of material that can be sent or received over the Wi-Fi and may, at our discretion, suspend your access at any time without responsibility to you.
The Harris Wi-Fi is provided “as is” without any warranty as to its functionality, suitability or availability. You are responsible for ensuring that your devices have suitable virus-blocking software and you agree that the Harris will not be responsible or liable for any virus introduced through your use of the Harris’ Wi-Fi. Use of the Wi-Fi is at your own risk and we are not liable to you for any damages, losses, costs or expenses you may suffer because the Wi-Fi is unavailable, does not operate as expected or causes loss or damage to any data. You are responsible for all damage, losses, costs or expenses suffered by us arising out of any breach by you of these terms. If we are subject to any claim or request for information about your use of the Wi-Fi, we may disclose information about you.
When you use the Harris’s services to access another network or service, you undertake to follow their acceptable use policies. Any violation of their acceptable use policies will be regarded as unacceptable use of our services too.
These Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
We may change or update these terms from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.